In many cases, the end of a marriage is an emotionally trying and confusing time. When the decision has been made to end your marriage, it is important that you speak to an experienced attorney regarding the many legal issues related to the dissolution of your union.
By working with a lawyer with a solid grasp of Alabama family law and Birmingham area divorce courts, you dramatically improve your ability to obtain a fair split from your spouse.
Comprehensive Divorce Representation
Divorce proceedings vary widely from couple to couple, making it important to have an attorney who is well versed in handling the various issues relating to your split.
With 30 years of experience, our staff has the knowledge, the skill and the insight needed to handle the many issues often related to divorce proceedings, including:
- Division of assets: The equitable division of marital assets is often one of the most complicated, and emotional aspects of a divorce. We work to help you create realistic expectations regarding the division of your marital assets, and make every effort to help you achieve a fair split of the property and assets you have worked to obtain during your marriage.
- Division of debts: Much like marital assets, your debts must be divided between yourself and your spouse. We work to help you pursue a fair division of your marital debts to help you create the best possible financial situation for your life following your divorce.
- Alimony or spousal support: While not as common as it once was, spousal support is still a factor in many divorce proceedings. We provide advice on both temporary and permanent spousal support, and work to help you understand the process of determining support.
- Child custody: In divorce proceedings involving children, custody matters are often among the most emotional and complex issues to address. Our staff takes great care to help you create realistic expectations relating to child custody, and will work to ensure that your voice is heard on all matters relating to the upbringing and well-being of your children.
- Child support: While child support payments are largely calculated using a set formula, some unique factors must be considered during your proceedings. Issues like health care expenses and the costs of after school activities may impact child support amounts. Our staff will carefully review your family’s situation and offer advice on the many factors that may impact child support.
Contact us today regarding your divorce matter.